Thursday, September 2, 2010

31 weeks and NOW I get it!

  This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.  Babycenter.com
   I would have to say That through out my pregnancy I have had it pretty easy compared  to the horror stories you hear from other women ( or maybe I was just so psyched out by  all the horror stories) but NOW I get it. I still really can't complain compared to some but it seems as if Payton decided to hold off on mommy until .....bam.... the third trimester. The other day marked over 24 hours straight of horrible acid reflex ( tums aren't cutting it, lol) no sleep, and Payton was pushing so high up into my ribs I think she is confused which exit she is supposed to come out of. She is getting so big it is pretty funny to watch my stomach. Like I have said our whole pregnancy she is a mover and a shaker and just because she should slowly be living in tighter quarters that is not stopping her by any means! I can't know for sure until the next doctors appointment exactly how she is positioned but I do feel like  she is  literally sticking her butt out as far as she can as if to shake it for us! LOL. Zack and I are so excited for our birthing class AND baby shower next weekend. After that Mommy and Daddy should be really ready for Payton to arrive!

2 comments:

  1. oH YEAH!!!!! Can't wait. Yes... that third trimester is NOT fun. I guess God made it that way so women actually WANT to go into labor. lol P.S. Ask your doc but my doc said okay to pepcid. It was a lifesaver- you know how bad my reflux was

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can take something stronger than Tums, I have a feeling Payton is going to continue to crowd what ever food you manage to eat!

    ReplyDelete