Monday, September 20, 2010

34 Weeks

    Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers – which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born – are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. Babycenter.com
I can't believe I am at 34 weeks! I am literally half way through my LAST trimester and I am definitely ready! Zack and I just can't wait to finally meet our 'Lil Sweetness! I am getting more tired lately. Taking as many naps as I can. One ... because I am starting to slow down and Two... because I have been told abundantly that once baby comes you will never sleep LOL. I am trying to get as much rest as I can. This past weekend Zack got to go do an overnight in Iowa with his closest friends. They all went to a wedding reception together and had a great time. One last hurrah for daddy to be. I went to my good friends Sarah's bachelorette party and Carin's wedding shower.  Zack's brother , Nick, who lives in California decided to come home and visit for about a week so we are excited to be able to spend time with him. It is crazy that in my last trimester Zack and I are the MOST busy with friends and families celebrations and obligations! Maybe it will make these last final weeks fly by

No comments:

Post a Comment