Friday, June 25, 2010

21 Weeks. The Bad, The Good, and The not so Bad

  Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now. - from babycenter.com   Baby is healthy and kicking! The big thing I have noticed lately is that my appetite has doubled!LOL. Throughout the first half of my pregnancy I didn't really feel like I ate all that different. Now I know why women say " I am eating for two!". Zack's mom ordered us our baby bedding set AND Zack finished the construction he wanted to do in the nursery , so we are REALLY excited now to paint and play. Here is a peek of what are bedding looks like:
  
   I feel like I have really slacked on getting our Blog updated but then I realized it has only been about a week but I feel like I have to fill you in on a months worth. Get ready.
  The bad: Poppy, Zack's grandfather, had had his major surgery and got through great. We received a call this past weekend that his recovery was not going well and that he was being transported back down to Madison hospital ( where he had his surgery) to be taken care of. Zack drove me, cuz Holly, and cuz Jenny ( literally Zack was locked in small quarters with 3 pregnant women .LOL) to meet up with Zack's mom , Aunts, and Uncle to see Poppy. We were told he is a very sick man and he has an infection.                    The Good:  Happy Father's Day to my "Fasha", My hubby Zack (soon to be father) and Jason! You guys are all great men. Father's Day is always bittersweet for Zack because he lost his father very young. Zack went to visit his dad at the cemetery in the morning and then spent the day with his father-in-law for the day. Zack has grown very close with my Dad and for me that is amazing because they are my two favorite men in the whole world! We enjoyed a Cougars game with the Davis clan and then went back to mom and dad's for swimming. Zack and I had an awesome time at the Cougars game. We forgot how much fun it was, and want to make it a regular occurrence now!
  The not so bad: Poppy is still in Madison at the hospital as I type this right now and is still a sick man. BUT he is making baby steps to better health. He was on 100% help with ventilator, now with last update, he is down to 60% help with ventilator,etc. The doc's are telling us they are taking small baby steps to not shock his system but they are slowly weening medicines, etc. Please keep Poppy and Zack's family in your prayers. I ask for prayers of health and peace.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bedding and prayers for Poppy!

    I love you sis- xoxox Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! So much to say... I love your bedding and can't wait to see Princess Kerruish's completed Nursery! Also want to send my prayers to Poppy and the whole family during this difficult time. I love you both BUNCHES! and hope you are "hanging in there".

    ReplyDelete