Monday, June 7, 2010

19 Weeks

    Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
      I have been feeling our little ones kicks or "flutters" for a bit now , but now there was a new development for daddy. Last night Zack had the palm of his hand rested on my belly and he felt the baby kicking. It was so much fun for the both of us we just sat and giggled to each other for a good 10 minutes! Daddy is so proud  he has already said he hopes he can feel the baby tonight also. For me, I finally got myself back to the gym today. Just a real low key workout but it is amazing what it does  for me mentally as well as physically. I know they always say that you will feel better if you work out regularly, but for me it is so true. It is great to get the extra energy and stress out. I told my hubby I think one of the hardest things for me through this pregnancy is not being able to be as physical as I have always been. I should live up the fact that it is the one time in my life I can say I shouldn't do that or that or that or that because "I am pregnant". LOL! I just don't have it in me. Don't worry my friends I only do what the doc says I am able to do. Like I said I am close to half way through my pregnancy and finally getting the swing of things! We are officially on the countdown to our 20 week appointment! More next Tuesday...... boy or girl?

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Knowing and feeling the baby are two different things. It's the best! I remember when your Dad felt you moving for the first time~~ you're probably thinking omg not my mom and dad! It truly is one of the best times in your lives.

    ReplyDelete