Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mommyhood just hit!

Yes it is hard to believe that this tiny little thing could spin your life upside down!
The past couple weeks I have been struggling with mommy hood. I have been worrying and second guessing myself from anything as small as should i use diaper cream to as big as does she have reflux,sleep apnea,milk allergy,etc. There were a few breakdowns which thanks to my great supportive family always had me laughing in the end. She is a GREAT baby.Sleeps well,eats well, and seems to be pretty darn happy.uh oh, don't want to jinx us. ; ) I have never felt worry like this before. I guess it goes with that unconditional huge amount of love everybody talks about.LOL! In the end I decided to throw away all the books that tell every which way you SHOULD raise your child and am leaving it up to me and Zack. What a novel idea! To a new mommy out in the world: Don't drive yourself crazy with the books. You know your child better.
I have to say I am always like, do I know my child better? I have only known her for a short period of time! But guess what? I do!
I have always respected mothers before , but now I am amazed by them! I am proud to be part of the club now. I think we should have a secret wave like people who have Jeeps. Or like the people who ride motorcycles. We have the battle scars of not sleeping,worrying,complete selflessness,etc.
If you pass me on the street and I give you a wink,just know I am amazed by you in every way!

3 comments:

  1. YAE MANDY!!!! I glad you've decided to trust your instincts ( yours are great!). There really is no letting go of ALL worry, but you don't have to go looking for things to worry about! Payton is such a joy, I love you both to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this made me tear up. And I'm going to CALL you out if you start obsessing over those books again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. books, schmooks, you know your child better than anyone---she is a wonder, a worry, but most of all the apple of your eyes (both mommy and daddy).

    ReplyDelete