Monday, October 18, 2010

38 Weeks!

   Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.) Babycenter.com

     Last Doc appointment I went to revealed that I was 2cm dilated and everything still seemed to be moving along well. My next appointment is actually this Tuesday instead of Thursday. Zack and I are all set for Payton to grace us with her debut. I am SOOOO excited to meet her. I find myself thinking what is she gonna look like? what color eyes will she have? what color hair? will she have her fathers great big heart and personality? One thing is for sure .... when she hits her quaky middle school age she will be nothing but knees and elbows. Both Zack and I were just appendages in our pre-puberty pics.LOL  While we have been waiting for Payton we decided it would probably be a good idea to carve our pumpkins now. Zack says maybe she was just waiting for her Daddy to get her pumpkin all carved for her before she wanted to come out for Halloween. My husband is going to make one AMAZING father. He was so sweet taking his time to carve Payton's baby pumpkin. I love it, and I love him with all my heart! Here are a few more pumpkin carving pics






Daddy working on Payton's pumpkin
Concentrating on carving
my pumpkin! : )
Zack carving his pumpkin
Scary, Scary
Our family of pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment