Saturday, November 6, 2010

Welcome Payton Ann Kerruish!

        SHE IS HERE!!!!

Here we go with the labor and delivery story! I find it is the first thing women want to hear about.LOL
I have been effaced, dilated, and having pretty strong braxton hicks off and on for a bit. So on Monday October 18th at about 10pm, when I had been having contractions for two and half hours ( 5 minutes apart) me and Zack got all packed up and went to the hospital! We were very excited and thought we are coming home with a baby. We got to the hospital and they watched me for about and hour and then we were sent home! My contractions started to subside and my water did not break. The nurse and doc on call said go home, relax, and it will be soon. I felt like an idiot because I really thought it was time. I continued to work the rest of the week , as it was getting harded and harder! Standing on my swollen feet full-time really started to get old. Right when I thought I was getting close to my breaking point ,early Saturday morning hit! Saturday October 23rd, 2010 Payton Ann Kerruish was born! I woke up about 2:00 am Saturday morning with what I thought was just another braxton hick. Annoyed...... I went to the bathroom and decided to spend some time on facebook ( nothing else to do when you don't sleep anymore and are up that early)! When I sat down to the computer , I was confused, I don't know if my water broke or if I had peed myself a little bit! YOU LAUGH, but let me tell you when you get that big and uncomfortable you could laugh and with a baby pressing on that bladder, nature can take its course. : ) Went back to the bathroom to check everything out, literally woke up my husband with" I don't know if my water broke or i just peed myself?" I am sure when he was saying his vows to me at the alter he did not think that he would ever be waking up at 2:30 am to those wonderful romantic words! lol. We both were awake then and decided to google it! lol. I know I know our generation is google crazy. The best is that when I googled it there were pages and pages and pages on women who weren't sure of the difference! As we were looking it up I leaked a little again so we just decided better safe then sorry! We packed up to go to the hospital. Of course the movies have ruined everything. They make you think you are gonna have a waterfall come out! not so much. I was very nervous we were gonna be sent home again because I was wrong. But as I was talking to Zack about this in the car ride to the hospital I realized, CRAP, these Braxton hick REALLY HURT! actually they feel like something completely different. And on the 15 minute drive to the hospital I have had 3 of them or more! By then I told Zack if my water hasn't broke SOMETHING is going on because this is NOT comfortable and they are not sending me home in this pain! We got to the hospital and got all checked in. The nurse checked and my water had broke. By then my contraction were going from 3-5 minutes apart and I was 4 cm dilated! We were so excited because we knew we were coming home with a baby! Zack called my mom and dad, his mom, and my sister and family around 3am to fill them in. EVERYBODY was really excited and nobody could stay away too long. Zack and I just wanted it to be me and him in the room when I was ready to deliver but my mom was on call just in case Zack couldn't do it. Daddy has some issues with blood, etc. My sister could not stay away either. My mom , dad, and sister showed up right away for the long hall to actual delivery. Zack's mom was not far behind at all. I got my epidural around 6cm and was a very happy comfortable girl. We had about 8 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing. Zack was a GREAT coach and made it through the delivery just fine . It was me and him and a nurse for most of the pushing and then the doc came in for the final hurrah! It had been a pretty gloomy day outside and I remember at 10:31 am when our peanut came into the world it cleared up a bit and the sun was shining in my delivery room. Payton decided to hold onto her umbilical cord when she came out so it ripped. The doc clamped right away ( which was good because neither Zack or I wanted to cut it) , they watched her for the first half an hour or so to make sure she wasn't stunned, and then cleared her as a beautiful baby at 7lbs 7oz and 20 1/2 inches long!
She has her daddy's cleft chin ( touched by god) and looks just like Zack's baby picture. From what we can tell so far though she definitely got her mommas BURPS! loud and proud!LOL We love our Payton and were so excited to get her home. We stayed one night in the hospital and then headed home! Sherman was AWESOME! And for my family we are on our third generation of women born there. My mom, me, and our little peanut! Now let the fun and games begin...............

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! I loved reliving that awesome day. So proud of you Momma! You and Zack are already fantastic parents. Welcome to the world my little Payton Ann

    ReplyDelete