Friday, October 8, 2010

36 Weeks!

   Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the Vernice caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

    In the beginning of this week , Monday, I was having some pretty strong Braxton Hicks so Zack and I thought maybe Payton was dropping. We are definitely no experts considering this is our first but we were excited to see what the doctor would have to say on Thursday. When I went to the doc's office on Thursday we found out that (1) my Belly is measuring about 1/2 week ahead (37 weeks) (2) Payton is in position and her head is down and in place (3) I am fifty percent effaced and (4) I am one centimeter dilated! Our doc told be that I wasn't making those mini contractions up, so I was excited!!! She also said that Payton is measuring at full term , so whenever our 'Lil Sweetness wants to make her debut they will allow her too! Zack and I are REALLY excited and can't wait! I am down to a doctor's appointment every week, so more next week!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting time! I can't wait to meet that little baby girl! love gma k

    ReplyDelete