Monday, August 23, 2010

Lets go pickin' !

I found out about a "U-Pick" raspberry farm from my sister and was SO excited to go. Zack and I decided to take a drive out to it and pick to our hearts content! I LOVE raspberries! When we got to the place it was awesome. It was a beautiful house ( Mine and Zack's dream house) set on a couple acres. It was so cute. It is all based on the honor system. They had baskets, bug spray, and a metal box to put $ into when you were done. You can pick to your hearts content from dawn till dusk! I LOVE that kind of life. I tell Zack all the time I would love to get a farm and live of the " fat of the land", so I could have walked there acreage all night.
I love how peaceful it is. One of my new found hobbies (which is turning into a bit of a passion) is growing things. Mostly flowers. At our condo We have added a new flower bed every summer we have lived in it except for this year.They are already filled so this year we decided to do some potted veggies, and had success. There is nothing better then FRESH home grown veggies and fruits! Thinking of all this just reminds me how crazy it is that my body is literally able to grow a baby. Our very own " Homegrown". I am so excited, scared, joyful,nervous, etc. to meet her. I hope she likes me as much as I already love her. AND hopefully she will get the bug and want to help her mama in the garden.

we ran into Charlotte and her Web! Biggest spider I have seen in a long time! We watched her catch a bee and spin it into her web so fast! It was crazy. Like watching the animal planet network!

No comments:

Post a Comment