Thursday, August 19, 2010

29 Weeks!

  Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week she weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is getting bigger to accommodate her growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester. - Babycenter.com
   Now that I have hit my third trimester I feel like the " To Do List" is back on. And on top of it I feel like we are behind. I have to start figuring out what pediatrician we will want to use (or general practitioner), call about when we get Payton on our insurance, start reading up on some books for when baby Payton is actually here, have window replaced in our bedroom, get some painting in the house done, professionally have the floors and furniture steam cleaned, not to mention weddings , showers, and parties oh my!? I am just getting a little nervous that I won't have everything in place for Payton before she arrives, or should I say everything in place for me ( since my little one won't know the difference anyways). I can't believe that in a few short weeks Zack and I will be parents! I seem to be having the " HOLY COW" moment. We have finished Payton's nursery and are so excited about it! I think it is gorgeous. Daddy spent a lot of time besides his heart and soul in that room. Zack replaced the window, put up wainscoting, all new trim work, new doors, and put together the furniture. Zack's mom decided that she wanted to buy Payton's bedding for us so we have had it for awhile and were just waiting for the furniture to arrive to set it all up. We LOVE everything together. Small glitch is that we still have a nightstand coming but it was on back order and we won't get it until October. That's OK though because we have the pieces we need for baby. With the crib all set up Zack and I have found ourselves sitting in Payton's room looking at the crib imagining her in it and talking about how excited we are. Our lives will be changed forever and we can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh!!! This room is so beautiful- the pictures can't even do it justice. Don't worry it will all get done- or not. And once baby ishere you won't even care. XXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is perfect for my grand daughter! I can't wait to meet her and to see how she snuggles into the beautiful space you have created for a very lucky little lady. Payton is blessed to have parents like you waiting for her. love you mom k

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome room! Can I move in!?

    ReplyDelete