Thursday, April 22, 2010

12 weeks!


The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
I went to the doctors office today and was able to hear our baby's heart beat. It was so cool. The heart beat was around 170 again and the doctor said that she was surprised to hear how strong it sounded. She said usually she doesn't hear it that strong until 16 weeks. Doc said the heart beat sounds so strong because mommy and baby are really healthy. My sister will tell you different though! Annie has been telling me that I am about 4 weeks further then what the doctors think! LOL, she says she is calling their bluff! I am really looking forward to our 20 week visit because we will be able to find out by then if we are having a girl or boy. Needless to say I am pretty sure that me and Zack still have not agreed on one baby name, weather it be girls or boys names. I am feeling more energy day by day and my crazy breakouts I think are on the outs! Very excited for that! This Monday April, 26th me and my AWESOME husband will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary and my fathers birthday. Very excited to enjoy the weekend of celebration!

1 comment:

  1. You know it! That baby wants to be born on Oct. 10th.

    Happy Anniversary you two

    Love
    Annie

    ReplyDelete