Saturday, September 10, 2011

*Mommy Update #2*

Everything is moving so fast it is hard to keep up! Like i told you guys I was suppose to stay on the meds until my next blood test! WRONG! of course I would have an allergic reaction, we think, do to the thyroid med. I woke up at 2 a.m. one night itching my head like CRAZY! my mom came over in the morning and by then I was itchy everywhere ( no rash) besides my head. I seriously had her check my head for lice or fleas. I am a hairstylist, stranger things could happen. When my mom checked me out she reminded me that when they gave me the thyroid meds they told us to let them know if i developed a rash immediately. Well no rash but decided to just watch it for the day at work. By that afternoon i had a small area of hives coming up. Called the doc and STILL to this day ,almost a week later,  still have not received a phone call back. This was not the only miscommunication or unethical thing that has happened between the doctor who decided to tell me i have cancer on the phone (without a biopsy) that has taken place. With that my mom took control and switched me to a highly rated endocrinologist in the area through Delnor Hospital. We had an appointment and when my mother and I described my diagnosis. the doctor and nurse were appalled. A) they reassured me that my tumors weren't large just average B)They said it is a 4-7% cancer and we are not doing ANYTHING till we get a biopsy and C) stay of the meds till we figure out what we are gonna do. Wow! I felt a lot more relieved considering the other doctor made me feel like I was slowly dieing. But don't worry I have been off the meds for about 4 days and came home from work with hives ALL over my body. GEEZ! I would like to catch a brake,lol. I am beginning to feel like Joeb from the Bible J/K. Hyperthyroid can cause itching also so we are going to give it till a week and if it gets worse then it my be my thyroid not the meds. Another waiting game. I am going to call this Monday to schedule my biopsy and hopefully we will get that done soon. When I start feeling bad for my self I remember that I have a wonderful family, support, roof over my head, abundantly blessed, and stable. Till we know more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment