Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's time to " Pick! "

Labor day weekend this year was beautiful! It cooled down and you could smell fall  ( my favorite season) in the air. We decided ,on Labor Day, to go to the apple orchard. We had never been to to Royal Oaks Orchard in Harvard ,IL before. They were the only ones open on such a gorgeous day so we went and checked it out. Oh my goodness what fun. The orchard itself has over 12,000 apple trees and two different varieties were ready for a goo picking : ). Payton absolutely LOVED chomping into the apples. I was super excited to have my daughter enjoy all the wonderfulness of fall as I do. Grandma Kerruish spent the day with us and was the one who found this great apple orchard. I have to say that I think my daughter is the cutest little orchard girl in her Osh Kosh overalls from grandma K, and her cute hand-me-down sweater from her cuz Isabel. What was really great about this orchard was that it wasn't so commercialized AND it had restaurant,store,carousal,petting zoo,train rides, play park,  pumpkin and raspberry picking also. We didn't make it to the raspberry picking because we had so much fun in the orchard we were ALL a little tuckered out. I hope Payton grows to love fall as much as I do. All the plans are in effect already of her Halloween costume and birthday party. How could you not love this season.
getting a good bite of that apple. She loved it
The apples were so full and low on the tree Payton could pick while sitting.

so sweet

daddy and daughter

mommy and daughter

piggies and apples
Gram and Payton

Family Picture

SO many apples!

Two Pecks and a Bushel
Payton loved sitting on the John Deer Tractor!

she really like the carousel also. we were just laughing and laughing on it together

So much fun


2 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful day. I smile every time I look at these pictures. Here's to many more outings like this!

    ReplyDelete