Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Payton's Two Month Doc Visit!

This little Peanut is a CHAMP! We had our two month doctors visit today. This means besides the normal check-up Payton had to get 4 vaccines and 1 oral vaccine. We will start with her check-up. Baby Payton weighed in at 12 pounds 5 ounces.Her height is 23 1/2 inches and her head circumference is 15 1/2. The doctor told us in ALL aspects she is a healthy growing baby! YES!  Payton seemed to wake up this morning in the BEST of moods. Smiling, talking, and gurgling to her daddy and I. You would think this would make us both happy but we were so sad because we new what was coming for her. shots, shot, and more shots! Payton was even smiling and cooing at our doctor through her check-up. I think he was even a little sad that he was gonna have to be the bad guy and give her the shots. She sucked the oral vaccine down like it was the best tasting thing EVER, and with her shots there was a bit of crying with each prick but then she calmed herself down very quickly. I think it was more traumatic for me and her dad then her.LOL She seemed to handle it well the rest of the day. She ate her normal amount,etc. She was just a  bit sleepy. I love this little nugget SO much. She is talking (cooing) up a storm . It is like we are almost holding conversations with each other. She has LOTS of smiles when she is ready for it. She still is an AMAZING sleeper at night. It seems right now that about once a week she will literally sleep almost a 9-10 hour stretch. She has spoiled us, because now when she gets up once a night we think " Oh she didn't sleep so well". I know mother's of the world want to shoot me! She is still little back and forth on her daytime sleeping. It seems some days it is easy peasy , and she will fall asleep at a blink. Some days though we fight each other. I know you can't really rely on any schedule right now with her still being so young, but I like to give her at least the opportunity to sleep about every 2 hours during the day. I know it sounds cliche but this little girl has changed my life forever. Her and her amazing father is what comes first in my life. Another doctors visit under our belt. Me and Zack are starting to get the hang of this.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you momma! You've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it probably doesn't feel like it but that 2 months certainly went by in a flash. You both are taking to parenting very well. I am very proud of you and Zack. Payton is a beautiful blessing. Mom K

    ReplyDelete