Saturday, January 29, 2011

Maternity Leave is OVER! Sad!

Back to work I went! It was really hard for me to leave Payton at the end of my 10 week maternity leave. It seemed just when she started to smile and coo at me I had to go back to work. I have to say I am VERY lucky because my mom is watching her for us right now. It is A LOT easier when you are handing her off to grandma for the day. Payton is getting watched by my mom right now Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Wednesday and Friday night Zack gets to have bedtime and bedtime routine with Payton because I work past her bedtime. Then On Saturdays when I am at work Zack gets time with her also. It is nice that they get there designated daddy daughter time! By the end of the week I have to say Ia m hurting pretty bad. I am usually exhausted. My Fridays into Saturdays are especially bad because I work late Friday nights and early Saturday mornings. I get sad because I don't get much time with my peanut between those two days. I have been back to work now about a month and I am still trying to kinda get balance between full time mommy and full time stylist! All in time. I was very dedicated to my job before baby and always wanted to be the best! Now I expect to be dedicated still but also be dedicated and the BEST mommy EVER! LOL I am a bit of a perfectionist. What I have learned so far is that priorities come first! My Family is the most important  thing to me and I have learned to say " NO" a lot quicker because of this.

2 comments:

  1. Back to work! It is a hard balance. I think you're doing great though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both have your priorities straight. It's a wonderful thing~

    ReplyDelete