Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!



Payton's first Thanksgiving! The weekend before Thanksgiving was with my family at my parents house. We had a great time and Payton got to meet her Great Uncle Terry and her Great Grandpa Joe for the first time. Lots of food and good wine. Never gonna hear me complain about that. Isabel ( my niece) really likes Payton or I should say "Paytee". Bel has coined the new nickname and I find myself saying it now too.
On the big Thanksgiving day we were at my mother-in-laws house. She had about 18 people including babies for dinner! We had a great time there also eating 25 pound turkey and lots more. Way to go Diane! Zack, me and Paytee were over for the whole day. If it was up to us we would have stayed another couple of hours but Payton thought different. Weather she was overstimulated or we got a our first stint with what people call " The Witching Hour", Payton decided to start crying at not stop. It took us a bit but we got her in her car seat and drove home. By the time we got home it had been a good hour of straight screaming. Zack took one look at me and told me to step out and take a break. That was it. Mandy had her first new mommy meltdown! whats wrong with her? she was fed.....check. no dirty diaper.....check. burped a million times....check. what am i doing wrong? whats wrong with me? is she in pain? Is she gonna be a colicky baby? How do you deal with a colicky baby? Did she sleep to long during the day? Did she not sleep enough? And the list goes on and on and on. This consisted of a lot of crying and an emergency phone call to my awesome sister Annie. Thanks sis. by the the time i got off the phone (reassured that everything is fine with Payton and me) Payton was sleeping for the night like a peach. Zack was able to get one more mini burp out of her and she passed out. I think God is slowly teaching me through Payton to stop worrying about things you can't control.

1 comment:

  1. Menard's was the perfect place for little Payton to go! With both of you loving that place, how could she not?!? mom k

    ReplyDelete