Thursday, May 20, 2010

16 WEEKS

 Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length . Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too.
  Zack and I had our 16 week doctors appointment today. As we were listening to the heart beat the doc told me that the baby kicked twice. She also said that she could bet that I would be feeling our little one very soon , or at least by the time we have our next visit!Our doctor said we have a very strong healthy baby, and that mommy is also. Our baby's heartbeat has been in the 170's ( wives tales say it is a girl) and this time around our baby was in the 140's( wives tales say it is a boy). I just think our little one is messing around with mommy and daddy and keeping us on our toes until we officially find out. When I first found out we were pregnant I could swear that we were having a boy, but now I have no strong feeling either way.We are so excited ! We will get to find out a day after my birthday in June, so the countdown is on! It will be a great birthday present. I give props to moms of the world that are patient enough to wait for the surprise at birth. I just can't wait!!!!! I am glad to see that my baby bump is popping and that I don't look like i am carrying a beer belly around anymore! LOL . Big news in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment