Saturday, October 8, 2011

*Mommy Update #3*

As I write this I have been radiated! Sounds strange but true! Where I left you guys last time was that I was supposed to get a fine needle biopsy. I called and scheduled the appointment and my husband insisted to come with me. I had tons of support and prayer strength from family and friends. I knew it was because of this that I felt peaceful and calm, especially because I deal with anxiety on a normal basis. Zack and I were brought back to the room where I would have the procedure. I got all robed up, held my strong husbands hand , closed my eyes and began to pray in my head that no matter what for God to give me strength and peace. This prayer has been my go to prayer many times a day for the past few months. It has been a roller coaster for my family and I lately started to feel sorry for myself and beaten. If you have ever known me in your life those two characteristics are the ones i try to stay farthest away from. The procedure started with another ultrasound to pin point the exact spots of the tumors before putting the needles in. The room was dark, cold, and quiet. My warmth I felt came from my amazing husband trying to make jokes to the tech to  keep the mood light. I know that God gave me this wonderful man as my husband because in all aspects he seems to know just what to do to keep smiling. The room got quiet again and then the tech said " Ok, well we don't have anything to biopsy today!". There was silence again. Zack and I gave each other a look of giddiness confusion. Zack was the one to break silence again and say "What?". In the next few minutes another tech ultarsounded me as well as the doctor who was going to do the biopsy. They found nothing! They didn't have the previous ultrasound pictures (they were at another hospital) so they couldn't give a guaranteed answer on why the previous report showed tumors. There suggestion was that could have been, bad pics, due to the Grave's disease diagnosis the thyroid is inflamed lumpy and bumpy, or shadows. What they could guarantee us was that there was nothing there now and if it were nodules that could come and go ,due to hormones, then it was definitely not cancer. Some people could say it was mistakes due from the other hospital, bad readings or strange coincidences. What I feel in my heart is that I was touched my God and we witnessed a small miracle. The next step for us was how do we treat my Grave's disease , a form of hyperthyroid. What we all came to a consensus on was that I would take  a iodine pill filled with radiation and it would go straight to the thyroid and kill it off. I went in to the hospital to take the pill yesterday and I have to be somewhat quarantined for two days. Today is my second day and I am missing my little peanut Payton. She is at YaYa and Pa Pa's house for the weekend while I hang out in my bedroom. Thank you to my parents and Diane for ALL your help through this trial. Your support has meant the world to us. I am very grateful that these health problems have happened while Payton is so young so that she doesn't remember her mom as sick or feel as if not enough time together. Thank you to all for your prayers, love and support. We could have not gotten through this without you.

3 comments:

  1. That is TERRIFIC news Mandy! You have definitely been, and will continue to be in my prayers! See you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful Mandy. God is good. Love Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. No miracle is small, my friend. God is a big God, and He loves you so much! I've been praying for those lumps and bumps to be gone in Jesus's name, so I say Hallelujah! Love to you! Julie

    ReplyDelete