Tuesday, July 13, 2010

24 Weeks!

  Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. -Babycenter.com
    Yes our baby is the size of her mommy and daddy's favorite vegetable! weird?! Zack and I were really excited because we got our recliner glider in for the nursery. We have it set up and I have already found myself spending time in our peanuts room rocking in the recliner. On Thursday I have my 24 week doctor visit. Unfortunately I get to take the glucose test to make sure i am not developing gestational diabetes. I have heard that the sugar drink I have to drink is the WORST ever and I have heard that is not bad at all , so we will see how it turns out. With me going to all these doctors appointments we decided it was time for Zack to get a check-up also. Zack has not been for a check-up since he was in his teens, so it was definitely time! All is healthy and well with daddy! Tsunami , you owe us a steak dinner, LOL, j/k! It is weird to think that I am already drawing close to the end of my second trimester. I am now starting to have some sleeping issues a bit, but with me that is not really new. My food of choice ( or I should say our peanuts food of choice) is cereal, cereal,and more cereal. Doesn't really matter what kind just as long as it is over a nice bowl of very cold milk! Zack laughs because I will make a full meal for  us and while he is eating I will just grab a bowl of cereal. It is what truly satisfies me!I have been blessed with a really nice and easy pregnancy so far. Almost makes me want to knock on some wood some where just so I don't jinx myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment